A Little Background Information About Me

Hello and welcome! My name is Mustafa Al-Tahan. I was born in Baghdad, Iraq in 1989. I have been living in Canada since 1996. I maintain a part-time job at a local convenience store called Rabba Fine Foods, while attending college. Like any other 20 year old out there, I like to spend a lot of my free time either playing video games or with my friends. In addition, I also love to play guitar. I currently own 2 guitars, an electric guitar made by Ibanez (IBART-500) and an acoustic made by Takamine. I also do my best to try to stay up to date with the new and more advanced technologies. Despite the fact that I currently only make an insignificant $400 a month, I never hesitate to blow it all on a new Ipod or computer hardware.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Business Process And Me...

After reading a very brief explanation of what the business process is, I realize that it is used in almost every job. The business process is basically the actions which each a company takes in order to gain business function. According to a college textbook called "experiencing MIS", the business process contains 4 basic components: activities, resources, facilites, and information. The business process contains 4 components: activities, resources, facilities and information. Activities is the actions that are taken to transfer information or products. Resources are the actual items being transferred. Facilities are the equipment required in order to store the items. And information is asking "how can we make a profit from the items?".

The best way to explain the business process is to give an example from my own job. A couple weeks ago, 5 hours into my shift a guy came up to me and told me that he had a hardware shipment for Rabba Fine Foods store #145. I acknowledged that the store he was at was #145, and he presented me with an invoice. He then proceeded to check the order with me by calling out each item he had while I ran down the list of the item in the invoice. After we were finished, I organized all of the item onto the shelf, priced them, and put the extra's in our stock room. This is a good example of the business process at work. The activities component in this particular example is the when the delivery man was calling out what he has for our store while I ran down the list of orders to make sure he has everything we ordered. The resources component of the process is the actual hardware. So he delivered everything from glue to kitchen knives. The facilities are the shelves which I stocked them on, and the cabinets in the overstock room. And the information component is the pricing of the items. The pricing of the items is the information because it is the way in which we turn the input (the hardware order we got) into a profitable output.

No comments:

Post a Comment